Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2014

A Sweet Gift: Reese's Bundt Cake

So these two cuties {my parents} have an anniversary coming up, and I felt like they needed a little something sweet to celebrate.





So I have been looking at Mix and Match Mama's bundt cake recipes, and I knew the perfect one to make for this special occasion: Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Bundt Cake.

To see the full recipe, you can follow this link. I was also so excited to use my Kitchen Aid that my sweet co-workers got me for our wedding.

You will need the following to make this yummy cake:


1 box of chocolate cake mix
2 small instant chocolate puddings
1/2 cup veggie oil
1 cup water
4 eggs
1 cup Reese's peanut butter chips (see pic above)
2/3 cup butter, softened
6 cups powdered sugar
3-4 tablespoons milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup creamy peanut butter
Garnish with Reese's Pieces








Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. To make the cake, you will need to mix the cake mix, chocolate pudding mix, vegetable oil, water and  eggs. After that is blended, you can mix in the Reese's chips. 


Put the mixture in your greased bundt cake pan and place in preheated oven. Bake for 40 minutes. Let it stand in the bundt pan for 10 minutes. Then invert the pan so that the cake falls out onto the pan. 


Now it's time to start on the peanut butter frosting. Mix the powdered sugar, milk and butter together with an electric mixer {another chance for me to use my Kitchen Aid mixer} and mix until creamy. Add vanilla and peanut butter to the mixture. I have to confess, I didn't have vanilla so I made it without it, and it still tastes lovely! 


Once your cake is cool, you can frost your bundt cake and garnish it with Reese's Pieces. I can't wait to serve it for my parent's anniversary! 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Blissful Entries. Powered by