Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

Nomads and Holidays

I feel like the theme for this holiday season should be "On the Road Again." With all the activities, I feel like Sterling and I are nomads. I keep my weekend bag out ready for what the next weekend holds.  But there is also something special about constantly driving on the road and filling our weekends with activities. It means memories with friends and family. Did I mention I just love this time of year?!

There is one DFW holiday event I try not to ever miss-- The Gaylord Texan ICE! This year, the theme was The Nutcracker, complete with a bonus room featuring Christmas in NYC. Carved from over 2 million pounds of ice, ICE! features beautiful ice sculptures, and this year the sculptures depicted scenes from one of my favorite ballets. While you wait to go into ICE!, you can look at the festive Gaylord Texan fully decked out for Christmas. 








Thanksgiving was the next week, and we had two Thanksgivings planned in two cities and a wedding in a completely different city. We kicked off Thanksgiving with a Dallas Mavericks game.


Then it was onto my hometown for Thanksgiving lunch and then back to Sterling family's house for Thanksgiving dinner. What a wonderful time with such special people! 




I have so much to be thankful for this year {well every year for that matter.} I can't even begin to think of all the blessings I have in my life. How did you spend Thanksgiving this year? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

© Blissful Entries. Powered by