Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

When You Need a Fashion Fix

As a lover of all things fashionable and stylish, I have always envied those who can afford to have personal stylists. I don't know about you, but as a 20-something living in DFW, I don't have an opening in my budget for "Personal Stylist." But the other day, I learned about a service that brings a personal stylist to your doorstep!

My personal stylist comes from Stitch Fix. This service provides a stylist who picks out clothes and ships them to you based on your personal style profile. When I heard about the style profile, I thought the questions would just be about my favorite color or if I liked A-line or pencil skirts. But this style profile was incredibly in-depth, asking me questions from how often I wear work clothes to how I like specific articles of clothing to fit. My favorite part of the style profile was the section where you can add a link to your fashion Pinterest board and your Twitter account, so your stylist could learn even more about you.


Now you are probably wondering how much it costs. Get this...it only costs $20 for Stitch Fix to send you a box of 5 items! When you fill out your profile, you decide how much you want to spend per item, and I have found that mine average around $50 an item. But the $20 you spent to send your box is $20 that can go to your purchase. If you buy all the items, you get a certain percentage off. If you want to send some items back, you can put them in the postal bag provided and drop it off at a post office drop off location 3 days after you receive your package.

My favorite aspect of the service is the referral program. For every person you refer, you receive a $25 credit to your account when her first fix ships. So basically when you get friends on board, you get free clothes! {yes, you heard me right}

I got a fix in today, and you have to see some of the adorable things I got!

Let's face it, what is fall/winter without an Aztec cardigan? 



This dress is perfect with some tights and boots in the winter or wedges in the summer!


A good skinny jean is a staple in any closet.


After I get my fix, I log on to my account and give my stylist feedback on each item so my fix can be even better next time.

I have loved using this service, because who doesn't love a big box of clothes picked out just for you sitting on your doorstep? Crazy people, that's who! I like to think of it as a present to myself :)

If you are interested in getting your Stitch Fix, check it out! If you have already used Stitch Fix, what are your thoughts?



No comments:

Post a Comment

© Blissful Entries. Powered by